Our unique marine infrastructure - perfect for marinetech businesses
When your business chooses to operate in Cornwall, it will benefit from a highly developed marine infrastructure which provides a superb platform for growth and success.
Your business can take advantage of:
- An Enterprise Zone with purpose-built office space and industrial premises.
- Our Wave Hub facility, the world's most capable and flexible offshore site for marine energy testing.
- Use of FaBTest, an award-winning nursery facility in Falmouth Harbour for testing wave energy devices.
- Access to the COAST Laboratory at Plymouth University, a world-leading hydrodynamic testing facility.
- Superb connectivity, with one of the most highly developed Superfast Broadband networks in Europe.
You will discover that Cornwall is well placed to access the deep-water resources in the South West approaches, Celtic Sea and European Atlantic Seaboard. On the South coast, Falmouth Docks has well-established deep water berths, excellent engineering services, and a highly skilled workforce. In addition, other ports including Fowey and Newlyn also provide excellent facilities. On the North coast, Hayle Harbour provides an outstanding waterside location for technology development.
In addition to the above, Cornwall has a host of other ports, including Looe, Mevagissey, Padstow, Penryn, Port of Truro, Penzance, and St Ives, as well as St Mary’s in the Isles of Scilly.